[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB - $170 from newegg.com

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Mar 28 22:37:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've held off on buying this because Ceton hadn't released linux
> drivers for the USB device.  However, it now appears that they have,
> at least in beta for usb.  Take a look at
> http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/linux_drivers/
> It's a user-space USB driver that requires libgusb.  I'm hoping that
> it exposes the same network device that the PCIe driver does.  Having
> said that, I'm tempted to try it out.
> Their additional test code seems to use the RTSP method - Ron, isn't
> that slightly different from the way that you implemented it?  It is
> worth noting, though, that the firmware image seems to be in common
> between the PCIe and the USB devices, so what works with PCIe will
> hopefully work with the USB version also.
> I think that I might take the plunge on this.

I added RTP/RTSP support when I wrote the code for 0.25, and then I
backported that feature to my 0.24 patch back in January. So you
should be fine with that in either version. I've been using RTP
exclusively since I wrote the code for it, and it works fine. So the
only other thing that would be needed would be access to the web
control panel. If the PCIe and USB share the same firmware, then I bet
they'd be the same in that respect, so my hope is that everything
would work fine.

--
Ron Frazier