[mythtv-users] Has MythTV bricked my HD-PVR?

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:13:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Yianni Vidalis
<yiannividalis at hotmail.com>wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:24:59 -0400
> > From: lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
> > To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Has MythTV bricked my HD-PVR?
> >
> > So, after much angst, I think I have determined that the use of module
> > ir-kbd-i2c has caused much of the instability of my hd-pvr, as
> > discussed here:
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-September/321456.html
> >
> > If i load this module, I can see that my IR commands are received by
> > the hd-pvr, and then it flakes out. Is there a way to use this module
> > with other IR receivers, but somehow disable the hd-pvr IR receiver
> > from participating?
> >
> > Larry

> As far as I know, the transeiver part of hdpvr is controlled by the
> lirc_zilog module. See if it's loaded, and try removing it to see if it
> helps.
> If this is the case, then blacklist it from loading at boot.

lirc_zilog is not loaded and never has been through this ordeal.  The issue
is not with the hd-pvr IR transmitter, but with the IR receiver.  If I load
ir-kbd-i2c to use with another IR receiver, the hd-pvr senses this and gets
involved, and then craps out.