[mythtv-users] pluggable mythtranscode

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 26 19:05:03 UTC 2012

On 3/26/2012 14:32, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I assume that commflagging survives such
> a transcode?  I guess if framecounts don't change then it should yes?
> What if I did an inverse telecine in my transcoding though, reducing the
> overall frame count from 29.97 per second to 24?  Would the commflagging
> data become invalid?

Skiplists and cutlist are all stored against frame numbers.  If your
framecounts remain identical, commercial flagging data should pass
through unharmed.  Running a deinterlace or detelecine filter during
transcoding would make all that information invalid, of course there
should be no use to it.  Better to apply the cutlist at the same time,
or do so before hand with lossless transcode, rather than bother
transcoding all that video.