[mythtv-users] Error: MythTV is using all inputs but there are no active recordings?

Tapani Tarvainen mythtv at tapanitarvainen.fi
Mon Mar 26 12:07:49 UTC 2012

On Mar 26 09:53, Tapani Tarvainen (mythtv at tapanitarvainen.fi) wrote:

> Error: MythTV is using all inputs but there are no active recordings?
[...]
> Any suggestions what to try next?

The only thing I can think of at this point is restoring the
database from backup - which means losing several days
worth of information, notably data on programs recorded
during that time. :-(

Is there any way to recover that data?
I guess I could try to extract it from the current
(apparently corrupt) database and insert just it back
after the recovery, but doing that by hand would be
rather hard, especially since there doesn't seem to
be much in the way of low-level documentation of the
database.
Doing a partial recovery from the corrupt database
after restoring an older (hopefully) working one
doesn't sound too appealing either.

Which brings up another question: is there some reason
against backing up the database more often, say daily
instead of weekly?
Will something break if I simply do this:

mv /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database /etc/cron.daily

That would make recovery in situations requiring
database restoration much easier.

--
Tapani Tarvainen