[mythtv-users] Long Pause when audio changes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 03:07:13 UTC 2012

Hi

On Friday, 23 March 2012, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> In the last few weeks i have been experiencing a problem where the
frontend stops for anywhere between 3 - 10 seconds at the start and end of
the commercial break.
> I am in the UK and using DVB-S2 card mostly recording the FTA HD
channels.  So tonight after another telling off from SWMBO i decided to try
and have a look in the logs at what was causing it.
> What i have seen is when the adverts start the FE log contains this
> 2012-03-23 19:40:45.043 AFD: Audio stream changed
> 2012-03-23 19:40:45.051 AO: Opening audio device
'plughw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=9' ch 2(2) sr 48000 sf signed 16 bit reenc 0
> 2012-03-23 19:52:06.811 AFD: Audio stream changed
> 2012-03-23 19:52:06.814 AO: Opening audio device
'plughw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=9' ch 2(6) sr 48000 sf signed 16 bit reenc 0

> Pleas ignore the times.  I had paused the playback during the adverts to
order takeout.  This started a few weeks back (I'm not sure when) but it
must be due to an upgrade that i installed.
> I run mythbuntu 11.10 with the lastest updates from the mythbuntu repos.
> Any ideas?
> Chris

You're using HDMI. Get a different hdmi audio amplifier. One that doesn't
take 3 to 10s to get a lock..

Additionally, I doubt the audio setup would have presented you with the
audio device you have configured and that it must be one you typed by hand.

I can guarantee you that the audio setup screen knows better than you when
it comes in selecting the audio device.

If you want to get a bit more meaningful idea on what is going on: run
mythfrontend with -v audio,playback