[mythtv-users] cannot get some channels added

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:03:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 17:28, Scott Bickford <bic1ster at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm on MythDora 12.23 and have updated to 0.24.1-5
>
> I'm on Schedules Direct and cannot get channels above 845 added into
> MythTv.  I tried mythfilldatabase --do-channel-update and
> --dd-grab-all, but they still don't show up.  They are enabled in the
> web page of SD.
>
> Any ideas?

You did not specify your tuner type(s).  As I recall (I am
sure others will correct me), some tuner types expect
you do do a scan to first populate the channel table,
after which schedules direct will keep the data accurate,
and that mythfilldatabase will not automatically add
channels for those tuners.

I also have this vague recollection from a post from a
while ago (by Ron F?) that indicated that mythfilldatabase
had an "undocumented" option of cardtype that might
be helpful in some cases to assist mythfilldatabase
in doing what you want it to do (If I did not make that up,
it should be in the mail list archives).

Gary
Gary