[mythtv-users] audio problems with streamed recordings

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:59:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it turns out the problem was the big AudioReencodeBuffer rewrite but
> only when you feed mythtranscode ac3 audio. My previous test of that commit
> was against an old pvr-350 recording so it passed.
>
> Ticket 10488 has been created.

Heh, so much for having a calm relaxed evening of no debugging.  I'll
work on this with Chris Pinkham (if he's available) so we can put this
to bed quickly.  The core issue is that mythtranscode has too many
distinct modes now, and fixing one often breaks another.  We really
need to overhaul that thing completely sometime soon.  Meanwhile,
we'll do our best to un-bork HLS without borking fifo mode in the
process :)