[mythtv-users] Upgrade to MythTV-0.24.2 broke nuvexport (again) on Gentoo

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:48:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> Has anyone looked at moving nuvexport to reference mythffmpeg rather then
> ffmpeg?
>
> If not thats probably something simple I could take a look at if I get some
> spare time.

Huh?  mythffmpeg was created originally specifically for use with
nuvexport.  If you have mythffmpeg, and your nuvexport is not using
it, you need to get a newer version of nuvexport.  If once you have
gotten an appropriate new version, it still isn't working right, then
please put in a ticket so it can be fixed.

For 0.24.2, you should be using nuvexport from the fixes/0.24 branch
as found on github at:
https://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport

i.e.

git clone git://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport.git
cd nuvexport
git checkout fixes/0.24
make install (or however you are installing)

Please note that this will depend on sox being installed to deal with
6-channel mixdown (which is no longer needed in 0.25 as that has been
redone in mythtranscode).