[mythtv-users] 30 second early?

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Mar 21 18:54:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 10:18 -0700, Kane Tse wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> >> May have gotten lost here - just wondering before I ruin some schedules
> >> - can I add .5 to a recording to start/end 30 seconds, or are things
> >> only in 1 minute increments?
> >
> > The per-recording-rule start early/end late values are integer minutes,
> > only--either positive or negative.  That means -1 start early will start
> > 1 minute late.
> >

> For the OP - what's wrong with starting 1 minute early?
There are two places to specify time adjustments.  One is the per
recording rule.  I had everything start 1 minute early and end 1 minute
late until I discovered this created conflicts, e.g., if one show ends
at 10:01 and the other starts at 9:59 they will conflict and one of them
won't record at all (assuming a single tuner).

There is also a spot in the general setup (for some reason my
mythfrontend is not responding now, and so I can't tell you where) that
lets you specify start and stop headroom in seconds.  I've seen that
referred to as "soft" times, meaning the scheduler will skip the buffer
if it would cause a conflict.

I'm using that, but I've seen one statement that these times don't
control recording start at all, but only system power-up before
recording.

Ross