[mythtv-users] OT: two new remotes

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Mar 20 23:02:28 UTC 2012

On 12-03-20 06:03 AM, barry johnson wrote:
> Sure, well you need to setup lirc to use multiple devices.  In this case two, one for the mouse and
> the other for the keyboard.  If you cat /proc/bus/input devices, there both the Topspeed ones I
> believe.
>
> http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html
>
> Better still, this is the remote with all the keycodes (which looks like it works automagically in
> minimyth):
>
> http://www.minimyth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2029&hilit=giarc
> <http://www.minimyth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2029&hilit=giarc>
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LIRC    Setup a HID device with LIRC - has some info on
> multiple devices

For those who prefer the extra complexity of getting a combo keyboard/mouse
receiver to behave as a single remote control under LIRC,
I've now copied those links above (thanks) to the tail end of my web page for others.

The idea here though, was to have something dead simple to set up,
without LIRC, without having to deal with arcane/undocumented kernel IR-decoding,
and without having to fuss over the split personality (mouse/keyboard) of the receiver.

Cheers