[mythtv-users] Lossless Transcode 0.25

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Mar 20 15:39:46 UTC 2012

On 3/20/2012 08:49, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
> As far as the other suggestion, it's a bit above my paygrade, so I'll have to look into how to dothat.  Do you mean multiplex one of the "bad" recordings?

It's not at all difficult.  All three of those have some form of GUI
available.  Just add one of the bad files into the source list in the
GUI, and hit run.  All it's going to do is take those raw codec streams
and stuff them into a different container type.  Think of it like
extracting files from a ZIP archive and putting them in a tarball.  Your
recordings start as an MPEG TS container, and the lossless transcoder
outputs an MPEG PS container.  I'm curious as to whether the new bits of
video are actually damaged, or if something strange is going on with the
container that is giving MythTV troubles.

> The hardware is varied on the frontends. Pentium Dual Core / 4GB ram / Intel Graphics, Core 2 Dual / 6GB ram / NVidia 8400 GS,AMD 4600 X2 / 4GB ram / NVidia 220GT, AMD Athalon 3200 / 2GB ram / NVidia 430GT with the COre 2 DUo being the MBE where the transcoding is happening.

All but that first machine listed have nVidia graphics, potentially
using VDPAU.  I just want to confirm you are seeing this with MythTV's
software decoder, and not a hardware decoder.  I just skimmed through
several recordings I've transcoded in the last few weeks and haven't
noticed any such issues.