[mythtv-users] CBS did it again: how to stich together from different recordings

Glenn Harris gharris at eklo.com
Tue Mar 20 15:05:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> On 12-03-20 10:45 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> >
> > Now, if only our Myth servers could parse that data and automagically
> > change the times...
>
> Yeah, I was thinking that too.
>
> ISTR the last time I tried to adjust the times on a particular recording
> it actually made the adjustment in the rule so that all future
> recordings had the same padding applied, which is less than ideal.  :-(
>
> b.

When using mythweb, go to Upcoming Recordings, click the recording you want
to override, under the heading 'Schedule Override' click 'Record this
specific showing'.
When using the frontend, go to Upcoming Recordings, select the recording
you want to override, hit ok/enter, select "Modify Recording Options", hit
ok/enter, and make sure the scrollbox has "Record this showing with
override options" selected (it should be selected by default), start/end
times are in Schedule Options.

For the start and end times you can use negative numbers also, so a "Start
Early" time of -20 would start 20 minutes late.

Every time I do these updates for CBS I threaten to automate it, but then
30 seconds later I am done, something a little shinier comes along and I
lose my motivation.

--Glenn