[mythtv-users] Announcing a MythTV Indicator for Ubuntu Unity panels

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Mar 20 01:14:34 UTC 2012

On 12-03-19 12:58 PM, Cédric Schieli wrote:
> I have a small problem though : current recordings are never shown. I
> guess it is because my encoders are all running on a slave backend
> rather than the master backend.
Cédric,
    Recordings from all backend machines should show up. I do not have a
slave backend so have never tested that condition. Please tell me if you
are using MythTV v0.24 or v0.25. I would like to solve this issue.

In the mean time please start a recording (any program will do) on the
slave backend in question. Then from a terminal session on the client PC
that is running the indicator run this command:

> python /usr/share/mythtv-indicator/importcode/cachemanager.py -t >
data.dump

Wait 3 seconds then hit ctrl-C. Pastebin the contents of "data.dump" and
pastebin will only expire after at least a week or so. Unfortunately
data.dump will likely only confirm that no recordings are being detected
but who knows?

If you are willing I could email you a "cachemanager.py" replacement
which would have special debugging statements that would speed up
problem resolution.

Thanks

Doug