[mythtv-users] Lossless Transcode 0.25

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Mar 20 00:38:35 UTC 2012

On 3/19/2012 20:30, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
> Is it just me, or is the lossless transcode in 0.25 RIDICULOUSLY
> fast?  I queued up 3 transcodes and by the time I finished editing
> another cutlist for transcode (and I'm pretty quick at blowing through
> a cutlist), all 3 were done.  In fact, they were done so fast that my
> immediate thought was "Oh #!$%$# that can't be right, I just lost my
> recordings".
> From 7:45 to 7:55, my mast backend blew through 5 transcodes (3 -- 1hr
> shows and 2 -- 1/2 hr shows), doing them 2 at a time on a Core 2 Duo.

Of course it's ridiculously fast! It doesn't do much of anything.  Aside
from re-encoding up to a few dozen frames for each cutpoint, all you've
got is some very minor container reprocessing, and a file copy.  Out of
an hour recording, you're looking at a few seconds worth of video that
needs processing.