[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and its IR Receiver

Ray Parrish rparrish at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:16:45 UTC 2012

Hello All,

One aspect of the HD-PVR which has received very little discussion on
the users list has been its built-in IR Receiver. The last references
to it some time ago talk about locking up the HD-PVR due to the
lirc_zilog module polling the receiver. Has support for this device
advanced such that those issues are no longer present?

I am interested in using the receiver on my HD-PVR connected to my
FE/BE. It is currently running 0.24-fixes under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. If I
can use its IR Receiver with my MCE remote instead of the mceusb
receiver, I could re-purpose the usb receiver to my remote frontend.

I see that according to the HD-PVR's entry in the wiki, Ubuntu
releases after 11.04 no longer require recompiling the driver to
enable IR Transmitter support. Does this hold true for the receiver?

Thank you,
-Ray