[mythtv-users] QT theme painter override not working in master?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 19 16:49:38 UTC 2012

Nope.  That's a week old.  You need fa639a77c or later.  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/508843#508843

>> Second, if you want to
>> use the Qt painter, set it in your settings.
> It cannot be overridden with -O ThemePainter?  The problem with setting
> it in my settings is that I cannot even start the FE with OpenGL.  I
> could likely go and fiddle the database directly but I think we both
> agree that fiddling/having to fiddle with the DB is yucky and dangerous.
>
> The -O ThemePainter override seemed like the best idea.  It's a shame to
> see it gone.

It likely won't be a problem when using new enough MythTV (because
you'll pick up the old value for the setting you had in 0.24-fixes and
below or--if a new system--you'll get Qt painter by default).  But, if
it is, you can use the override to start mythfrontend once, then change
the setting.

Mike