[mythtv-users] 0 Byte recording files when starting live TV and changing channels

Joe Nyland joenyland at me.com
Sat Mar 17 19:37:43 UTC 2012

On 17 Mar 2012, at 15:56, Mark Lord wrote:

> Those zero-byte files were new for me here in (I think) 0.24.x.
> I asked Mark Kendall about them once, and he thought they were "normal" behaviour.

Thanks for replying.

That's the most info I've been able to find.

I mentioned this in the comments of another bug which I recently reported and I was given this info by Daniel K:

"There is a ticket on the 0-byte files #10443. In short they are supposed to be created, but they are also supposed to be deleted quickly and they aren't being deleted quickly right now. When using NFS you want to set the actimeo low (1 works best in my experience, though some may need 0)."

... but my NFS mount is already set as:

192.168.2.1:/mnt/array/mythtv  /mnt/mythtv  nfs  user,async,actimeo=0,tcp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768  0  0

Can anyone explain the logic behind this dummy recording file? If I could understand the process of why it's created in the first place, I may have some direction in which to troubleshoot it further, maybe tweaking NFS settings.

Thanks,

Joe