[mythtv-users] WinTV-DCR-2650 IR Forwarding

sl33nyc at gmail.com sl33nyc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:57:33 UTC 2012

This isn't MythTV specific, but I'm hoping that like minded individuals on
this mailing list can give me some pointers.

I'm trying to setup the IR Forwarding of the WinTV-DCR-2650, which is
supposedly the USB version of the Ethernet-based Silicondust HDHomerun.  I
tried following
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun#Setting_up_IR_Forwarding,
but when I run "irw" and look for IR remote events, I see nothing.

When I plugin the WinTV tuner to my Windows 7 PC and install the IR
service, Windows Media Center does respond to the remote.  Device Manager
doesn't show any USB IR devices, so I'm fairly convinced that the IR is
being forwarded over UDP like the HDHomerun.

I'd love to get this running and avoid buying yet another USB device, just
to capture IR.  Anybody use this WinTV tuner and get the IR forwarding over
UDP properly?

--
Stephen