[mythtv-users] Cross-compiling for windows on Linux using the muthbuild.sh script

Timothy Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Fri Mar 16 22:32:50 UTC 2012

I have been playing with this the last couple of days and have a silly
question.

I made the perhaps silly assuption that the executables created by this
process would actually run on a windows machine.  Should they?

When I try to run them I get a dialog that comes up and says "The
application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Clock on OK to
theminate the application".

The note that is displayed at the end of the mythbuild.sh script says
something about how to run them under wine, but makes no mention of actually
running them on windows itself.

I made the mistake of building them  without debugging.  I am rebuilding
them with debugging now to see if that shows me anything else.

Tim