[mythtv-users] An SSD for Backend OS / Database Drives?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Mar 16 22:08:13 UTC 2012

On 12-03-15 07:08 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 16 March 2012 09:29, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>
>> And I specifically recommend any OCZ-branded SSD based on the Sandforce controller chips,
>> because OCZ has a very good (and simple) firmware-updater for use on Linux systems.
>
> Funny, *most* of the early failure reports I have been reading of late
> are OCZ drive...

No question they're a bleeding edge company, so yeah, wait for firmware stability
on any particular model.  Right now, they seem to have achieved that for all
of their existing Sandforce based products.   No updates since last fall.

And when they do issue an update, one doesn't have to figure out how to boot
some strange commerical O/S just to apply it.  :)

They support Linux.  Rare.

Cheers