[mythtv-users] 0.25: this is nice

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:32:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got two ION1 systems and we're running 0.25, I get fairly quick
> load times (never worse than 0.24), but about 1 in 5 times it just
> won't load the data and sits there, I have to kill the frontend
> process.
>
> Is this along the lines of what this patch is attempting to resolve?

Not at all.  The patch only improves performance by deferring many
string creations until they are actually needed.  The improvement
won't be noticeable until you have on the order of thousands of
recordings.

What you're describing is a mostly likely a bug.  If you can catch it,
please try to attach gdb to the mythfrontend process to get a
backtrace, and open a new ticket with frontend logs and the backtrace.
 Even better if you can get a backtrace from a Debug or Profile build.

Jim