[mythtv-users] schedule based on a date in the past

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 15 06:30:36 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 01:08 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> On 15 March 2012 14:43, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 03/14/2012 11:49 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>>> Is there any way (on master) that I can see what would have been
>>> scheduled yesterday or the day before?
>>>
>>> Put another way, can I run the backend's --printsched but based on a
>>> date prior to the current date/time?
>> Not without actually changing the date on your master backend computer
>> so that it thinks it's yesterday.
>>
>> However, you can go to Manage Recordings|Previously Recorded to figure
>> out why something did or did not record?
> what about looking on mythweb, I know you can do this on 0.24.2 not sure
> about master though but I assume this functionality is still there.

If all you want is to see the listings, then, yeah, MythWeb's Program
Listings or mythfrontends Manage Recordings|Schedule Recordings|Program
Guide will show you listings from up to 10 days ago.

I'm thinking, though, he wants to see what a mythbackend --printsched
would have shown "yesterday" to try to collect more information for a
bug report he's filed.

Oh, and Brian, if you do change the time on the backend system, you'll
likely also need to delete all the recordings--and recording
history--after whatever NOW() you set it to so that you get a truer
picture of what it would have said.  You can do a DB backup (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), and when
you're done collecting information, just restore that database backup (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database
).

Mike