[mythtv-users] some youtube videos stall trying to start with master

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:39:03 UTC 2012

Sorry to reply to myself, but I did a little more digging.

It's not related to enabling/disabling embedding as the example above
played OK when embedded.

I did come across this indicating that some videos won't play with the
older chromeless player because it can't show ads:
http://apiblog.youtube.com/2010/10/actionscript-2-chromeless-player-and.html

I don't know how to definitively tell if a video is "monetized" short of
uploading some myself, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

If I have a chance, I'll try to dig into the new APIs to see how
complicated fixing this would be.

-Alex