[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.25/trunk on Windows

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:56:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> For the first time since I switched to an ATI graphics card, your
> build provides me with a somewhat-working MythTV frontend on Windows.
> Thanks!
>
> (And all credit to the MythTV devs for any and all improvements to the
> OpenGL rendering code)

I'm surprised, my son has an ATI graphics card and had no problem with
.24 on Windows, however I just installed .25 on his machine and the
video is messed up.  I looked through the settings and couldn't find
any options for Direct3D vs OpenGL or anything else that seemed
useful.  No problems on all our Nvidia systems.  The console window on
both the ATI and Nvidia systems pretty much look the same - using
D3D9. Any pointers on running it on ATI?  Maybe I just need to update
the drivers?

Bob