[mythtv-users] Upgrading from 0.21 to 0.23 = failure

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 14 21:31:37 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 08:37 AM, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:31:14PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> On 14 March 2012 23:13, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>>> They all have entries in channum.  Some part of the process is failing,
>>> but with no indication of what that might be in the logs, I'm left
>>> staring at code and database schemas.
>> I would delete all your channels in the channel editor, and restart
>> all from the beginning using 0.24
> As I said, I have already done that.  I am left with no obvious options
> other than to drop the whole database and start from scratch.

Delete all video sources resets the video source and input connections
configuration
Delete all capture cards (not Delete all capture cards on <hostname>)
resets the capture card configuration.

If those don't help then starting a new database won't, either--meaning
the problem that remains is that you've repeated the same
misconfiguration you had before the "Delete all..."

>    I don't
> really want to that, because I don't want to lose my archive of
> recordings.  If it works, I'm stuck with a bunch of video files with no
> metadata, unless there's a way to export and re-import that data.

FWIW, if you end up taking this route, you should put the video files in
MythVideo directory with a good file name and let it do metadata
lookup.  You would still have to change the file names, but it's the
only supported way of getting a video into MythTV.

Mike