[mythtv-users] Mythvidexport options - Commercial detection and cutlist?

Christian Arnaut n8tgc at msn.com
Wed Mar 14 16:42:16 UTC 2012

Have found mythvidexport.py to be an impressive solution to "archive"
recordings into MythVideo and am especially impressed in the folder
structure of the completed files.

I am curious, however, in the command line options, specifically -cutlist
and -skiplist. Can these either, or both of these options provide a
completed file with the commercial breaks removed from the video? They are
defined as follows (--skiplist = copy commercial detection from recording)
(--cutlist = copy manual commercial cutlist from recording).

Unless I am missing something what else would these options be used for? In
MythVideo on my FE, I don't see an option to auto-skip commercial breaks.
So, if the option doesn't result in a video file without the breaks, what
exactly do the options provide? What does the python script DO with the
detection information? Apologies in advance if I am misunderstanding this
and the explanation is right in front of me.

~Christian