[mythtv-users] Poor playback performance on Mac mini

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:35:25 UTC 2012

On 14 March 2012 23:24,  <joenyland at me.com> wrote:
> I did manage (after lots of messing about with keyboard/mouse trying to work
> around the keyboard issue) to direct my frontend to playback one of the the
> recordings which I had been using for testing before the upgrade and it does
> _seem_ to be an improvement already! - which is great.

seem?
only ?

> I was unable to view live TV though. Not sure if this was a bug, or just an
> issue in accessing the recordings on my backend, but I'll hopefully be doing
> some more testing with this tonight to establish whether it's an issue or
> not. The error was something like "Error opening jump program file buffer"
> then a generic stream error. As I said, more on this, if it proves to be an
> issue, but I suspect it's a config issue on my part.

you can see what's going on starting MythFrontend like so:
MythFrontend.app/Content/MacOS/MythFrontend -v audio,playback

from that point it's pretty much identical to running it on linux

> Eagerly awaiting the outcome of your build against Qt 4.8! Let me know if
> you want me to test it.

Unfortunately, the issue is there still. Not as much, but still
there.. When editing the video profiles for examples, I can't
validate. Pressing any keys just make a beep.
What I did is switch to another application, that doesn't cover
mythfrontend, and use the mouse to click on the next button until it
says finish.

>From that point it usually works okay once the screen is validated.
For the time where I can't go up from the menu, I have to restart...
Luckily, I've only seen that behaviour in the settings, so once it's all set.
it's perfectly fine.

Having said that, I'm about to push a change, all you will have to do
is go into the settings, select VDA High Quality, and it should be all
nice for you