[mythtv-users] Transcoded recordings playback fails: audio failure, video stutters (was Last MythTV Gentoo ebuild... buffer issues)

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 22:47:34 UTC 2012

On 3/12/12 7:57 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>> Posted to ticket.
> Thanks for the sample, that was crucial.  The problem should be fixed
> in Master now, and will be in the 0.25 release candidate targeted for
> next week.  If this problem is still seen, please open a new ticket
> and provide "-v general,playback,file" logs and a pointer to a ~50MB
> sample.
>
> Jim
We have a winner folks.  So far every recording is playing back fine
again.  In fact, it's a bit better I'd say as "The Firm" (which always
seemed abnormally larger than other NBC recordings) now plays back fine
too, which previously would not in its original HDHR source state [NOT
transcoded].

I'll give the VIDEO section a run-through during the rest of the week also.

Fixed in the nick-of-time for the RC it seems.

-JK