[mythtv-users] Zotac ID80 w/ Nvidia GT 520M

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Mar 13 19:14:08 UTC 2012

On 12-03-13 01:22 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> M is their "mobile" line, also used in some space limited desktop
> models by some manufacturers. Historically they have been slightly
> less powerful than their desktop counterpart. Expect no better than
> the 520. So if the 520 will not accomplish what you are looking to do
> the 520M won't either.

A lot of this depends upon clock and memory speeds in the actual product.
Eg. on paper, you might assume the ZBOX HD-ID11 with it's GT218
would perform similarly to a discrete GT210 PCIe card.

But in fact it outperforms the GT210, handling Advanced/2X nicely.
Here, it even outperforms my GT430 fanless card (ASUS).
But other GT430 cards might do better than mine, depending upon
clock and memory speeds.