[mythtv-users] No video playback in mythtv 0.23/Mythbuntu 10.04 plus sub menus not working after upgrade from 0.20 and Mythbuntu 8.04

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:53:36 UTC 2012

On 13 March 2012 23:08, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently upgraded from Mythbuntu 8.04 with mythtv 0.20 to Mythbuntu 10.04
> and Mythtv 0.23. Now when I try to play movie from inside Mythtv I only get
> a black screen with number 1 in the center and voice only but no video. All
> is fine when I play the movie with Mplayer outside Mythtv. I have tried with
> Mplayer and internal player too but no video in both cases.
> Another issue is that I can't access some sub menus from the main theme
> menu, like anything under Advance or Appearance etc.I tried couple of themes
> with same outcome and can't do much else since changing the themes or
> settings is impossible from the main menu.
> Any idea what might be the problem? I have ATI HD3200 integrated graphics
> card, if that is of any importance, and latest ATI Catalist proprietary
> driver installed with OpenGL and direct rendering enabled.

Try changing the TV Playback profile in the Setup..

But as you get the same with mplayer, I wouldn't hope for much.

ATI drivers sucks big time still...

I haven't managed to get any proper playback on my ATI 6970 (iMac
running ubuntu 11.10)
it either hangs (ATI catalyst drivers) or faces are blue (opensource drivers)