[mythtv-users] Find Hostname?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Tue Mar 13 00:22:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012, at 05:59 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >> Sorry for a simple question, I just can't figure it out...
> > Open a terminal, and type `hostname`.  That result is the value MythTV
> > uses to index its settings.
>
> And I highly recommend setting up a routine database backup, using
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore .  The "Quick
> Start" section should be all you need to get it working.
>
> Mike

Thanks for that, Mike... I have already done that - running a cron job
to do it daily - though one flaw is that if your tables need repairing
the job just fails and won't do the backup - I find that I do have a
broken table usually once a month due to bad closing of a tuner or
something... but I just make it a point to repair my tables once a week.

And I checked - yup, my hostname is : localhost.localdomain, so I guess
I can run the change hostname part of the script if I do migrate.

Wish me luck - so far no crashes since I cleaned the inside of the
cabinet and removed one stick of memory that I though might be the
culprit - only running a gig now on the system, but it seems to be doing
just fine.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com