[mythtv-users] Live TV recording file size double size of DVBViewer on Windows 7?

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:43:03 UTC 2012

On 12 March 2012 17:35, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 3/12/2012 13:27, David Crawford wrote:
> > any theories why MythTV doesn't capture the Teletext subtitles as
> > reliably as DVBViewer
>
> What are you basing this on?  Is mythfrontend/mythavtest/mythccextractor
> unable to access the subtitles from the MythTV recording, or are you
> unable to extract them using some external application?  Could you
> provide a sample of recording where you are not getting subtitles?

I am primarily using mythccextractor, but upon that failing I check to see
if the subtitles are there and they don't show up in mythfrontend or via
ProjectX.

I will try to send another short recording where subtitles are definately
captured via Dvbviewer and not Mythtv, it's just sometimes it does record
the stream and others it doesn't, or it appears that way anyhow.