[mythtv-users] Live TV recording file size double size of DVBViewer on Windows 7?

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:48:30 UTC 2012

On 12 March 2012 16:32, Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller at kernellabs.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM, John Veness
> <John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
> > On 12/03/2012 15:59, David Crawford wrote:
> >> I am using the exact same capture device (TBS 6981) in both cases and
> >> the exact same channel / program in both cases.
> >
> > Are you able to upload two small clips (30 seconds or so), one from each
> > software, of the same channel and program? Maybe someone reading this
> > list will be able to figure out the differences.
>
> May also be worthwhile to pass them both through tsreader and see the
> differences (it has various stats related to the various PIDs
> included, the bitrate per PID, etc).
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
> http://www.kernellabs.com

Attached a 1 min file from DVBviewer. Here is a link to donnwload the myth
file as it exceeds 25mg
5704_20120312163100.mpg<http://bbchd.s3.amazonaws.com/5704_20120312163100.mpg>

They are both recordings taken just now from sky news (a UK 24 hour news
channel).

There are no subtitle files in either this time for some reason.