[mythtv-users] Scheduling Commerical Detection?

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:27:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 12-03-12 11:16 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>> I'm prefer that most recordings be commercial flagged at off hours, but
>> there a few I watch nearly live and would like mythcommflag to run
>> concurrently with the recording.
>>
>> Is there a way to tag a particular recording schedule to initiate
>> commercial flagging at the recording time?

For custom user jobs such as transcoding, where you can specify the
full command-line, couldn't one prefix the command with "nice" and
then put a very low priority on the thread?  That way, it would start
commercial flagging, bu if no other higher priority jobs are running
(i.e. when it is practically idle).

For shows that you want immediately comm-flagged, you would set the
normal "Auto-flag commercials" option.  For the rest, turn on the
custom low-priority commflag user job.  Make this the default for all
new recordings.

Haven't tried this myself, but would it work for the OP?