[mythtv-users] limit channels on different tuners?

jason at wkrp.com jason at wkrp.com
Mon Mar 12 13:52:31 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I have two PVR500's and one PVR150 in my system. I
hooked each of these up to three different cable boxes (using A/V
cables) and I use the commandir to change the channels. Works like a
champ and gives me three tuners. I know the PVR500 has 2 tuners each but
with the conversion over to cable boxes I'm stuck with just 1 usable
tuner on each.

In testing the tuners I found that the PVR500's can
handle going above channel 125 with no problems. When I try the PVR150
it just drops me back to the main screen in MythTV. I would think since
the cable box is really doing the work it wouldn't care but I guess not.

Is there a way to correct that? Or am I better off just pulling the
card and getting another PVR500 (or 250) to get those extra channels? Or
is it possible to just limit 1 tuner to the number of channels it can
record?

Of course now seeing HD, just upgraded service, I'll move to
that eventually. Sadly my cable box only supports the component out or
HDMI so I guess I'm stuck with the HD-PVR for that right now. If there
is another option I'd like to hear it - that HD-PVR is a bit pricey...

Thank you,

Jason