[mythtv-users] Setting up slave backend

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Sun Mar 11 20:59:06 UTC 2012

I'm trying to set up a slave backend because my master backend is out of
storage and I can't add any more. I figured I'd have one tuner on the
slave and several disks that would be used for storing recordings from
that tuner and a bunch of videos. Reading the Storage Groups wiki page
seems to indicate that I just add the slave directories to the master
storage groups and leave the slave storage groups settings alone (I
actually removed the Local Storage Groups while trying to make this work).

I added a couple of videos to the slave video storage groups but they
don't seem to be recognized.

It seems I misunderstood how to set this up. Can someone provide some
guidance on how this works and what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

john