[mythtv-users] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: eed7862e8 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:53:15 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>>> fair enough, my backend should have enough power to do this, though
>>> sometimes it decides to download the data while recording 5 or 6
>>> things and having a couple frontends playing, which seems like a poor
>>> tim cpu use wise to do so?
>>
>> Might want to take that into account when testing--start up 6 test
>> recordings, then run a mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all and see how the
>> system handles it.
>>
>> Mike
>
> just did!
> -7 recordings going on(yay March Madness and the buildup there-to)
> -2 frontends playing back content (one watching a current recording at
> "real time")
> -2 mythcommflag operations
>
> %wa never went above 10%, mostly around 3%, and no noticeable issue
> with playback, including skipping around in the timeline. The guide
> did take a second or two longer to load up than normal though...
>
> a success I'd say.
>
> thanks for the info and help!

Michael,

On my parents 0.24.2 setup, if I run with dd-grab-all it adds all the
channels in my schedulesdirect lineup to all my sources, which causes
my QAM tuners to try and tune cable channels. I don't see any of the
options for mythfilldatabase that will prevent it from adding channels
to the sources when running a grab. Is there a way to do this? right
now in testing I'm having to dump the channels table and restore from
a few days ago.

It seems to not be doing this on my 0.25b setup though.

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!