[mythtv-users] 0.25 lookup metadata as part of jobqueue?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Mar 10 22:12:31 UTC 2012

On 3/10/2012 16:46, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I noticed that metadata lookups are added to the job queue much like
> commercial flagging and transcoding.
>
> is there a way to keep commercial flagging process limited in count
> but still have the lookups take place immediately? I can't imagine
> they use that much resource that having them run when they are called
> for would be a large hit that requires being placed in the queue?

At the moment, there is no mechanism for independent queues that would
allow mythmetadatalookup to be run immediately.  Note that the task run
immediately at the start of recording merely sets the season and episode
numbers.  Artwork is not pulled until some time later as part of daily
housekeeping measures.