[mythtv-users] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: eed7862e8 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:35:03 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/10/2012 01:41 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM, MythTV wrote:
>>>       Author:  Raymond Wagner
>>>   Change Date:  2011-09-18T18:00:58-07:00
>>>    Push Date:  2011/09/18 18:04:25 -0700
>>>   Repository:  mythtv
>>>       Branch:  master
>>> New Revision:  eed7862e84c240c07caf843d83b4a82ebc995375
>>>    Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/eed7862e8
>>>
>>> Log:
>>>
>>> Alter mythfilldatabase day specification parameters
>>>
>>> This commit replaces the following command line options with --refresh:
>>>     --refresh-today
>>>     --dont-refresh-tomorrow
>>>     --refresh-second
>>>     --refresh-day
>>>     --refresh-all
>>>
>>> The old options will continue to function for now, but will be hidden
>>> from the help printout.
>>>
>>> Each instance of the --refresh option takes one input, and the option
>>> can be specified multiple times.  The three named options can be
>>> pre-pended by the 'not' parameter, specifying that day should not be
>>> pulled.  Numbered days start with today at zero, counting up, and a
>>> range can be specified using a dash.
>>>
>>> The following example will refresh today, skip tomorrow, and refresh
>>> all of next week:
>>>
>>> mythfilldatabase --refresh today --refresh nottomorrow --refresh 7-13
>>>
>> Ray, Question on this, and how mythfilldatabase works in general with 0.25,
>>
>> I'd like to know what the command to both collect new guide data but
>> to also update any "TBA" guide data (for things like sports
>> tournaments and such). Does running with
>> mythfilldatabase --refresh 1-3
>> also grab new guide data or only refresh those days? Is there another
>> command that would grab new guide data and check to see if any
>> upcoming TBA's have been updated?
>>

> Steve,
>
> Ideally, with Schedules Direct, you would never use any --refresh
> option.  The --refresh option downloads each specified day in separate
> requests.
>
> A /much/ better approach is to use --dd-grab-all to grab all (14+ days)
> of the available data from Schedules Direct in a single request.  This
> ensures you have the most-current data for every day (not just those
> days you would have specified with --refresh option).  The only down
> side is that you can't do this with an underpowered master backend/MySQL
> server system.  For details see:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426 and
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/d2822566
>
> Mike

I see. I was hoping to not have to do a complete new grab all the time
though, my hope was to limit it to just the next few days for
scheduling purposes, and also because for most sports TBA's they
usually don't get filled in until just a few days before anyway. It
sounds though like doing a complete pull is less stress on the
schedulesdirect server than requesting a few specific days?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!