[mythtv-users] Debian wheezy and mythweb - blank screen

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 18:06:59 UTC 2012

2012/3/10 Matthias Meyer <Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li>:
> I've running Debian Wheezy with kernel 3.2 and php5.
> I've installed mythtv and mythweb by using apt-get.
> But http://localhost displays:
>
> It works!
> This is the default web page for this server.
> The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
>
> And http://localhost/mythweb displays nothing.
>
> How to add the content "mythweb" to apache?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Matthias
> --
> Don't Panic

Hello Matthias, I use Squeeze and Wheezy on two machines, this is my
Apache2 config:

# cat /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythtv
<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName mythtv.mydomain.com
	DocumentRoot /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb
	<Directory />
		Options FollowSymLinks
		AllowOverride All
	</Directory>

	<Directory "/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data">
		Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
	</Directory>

	<Directory /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/>

                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "Restricted Access"
                AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/http-passwords

                Require valid-user
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from localhost
                Satisfy any

        <Files mythweb.*>
            setenv db_server        "localhost"
            setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
            setenv db_login         "mythtv"
            setenv db_password      "mythpass"
        </Files>

        <Files *.php>
            php_value safe_mode                     0
            php_value register_globals              0
            php_value magic_quotes_gpc              0
            php_value file_uploads                  0
            php_value allow_url_fopen               On
            php_value zlib.output_handler           Off
            php_value output_handler                NULL
            php_value memory_limit                  64M
            php_flag output_handler                 "NULL"
        </Files>

        RewriteEngine  on
        RewriteRule
^(css|data|images|js|themes|skins|README|INSTALL|[a-z_]+\.(php|pl))(/|$)
    -     [L]
        RewriteRule     ^(pl(/.*)?)$            mythweb.pl/$1
     [QSA,L]
        RewriteRule     ^(.+)$                  mythweb.php/$1
     [QSA,L]
        RewriteRule     ^(.*)$                  mythweb.php
     [QSA,L]
        AllowOverride   All
        Options         FollowSymLinks
        AddType video/nuppelvideo   .nuv
        AddType image/x-icon        .ico
        <Files *.pl>
            SetHandler cgi-script
            Options +ExecCGI
        </Files>

	</Directory>

	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
	<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
		AllowOverride None
		Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

	ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

	# alert, emerg.
	LogLevel warn

	CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

Then you need to add some users to http-passwords file to have access.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano