[mythtv-users] Appearance of MythArchive menus

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Mar 8 22:21:05 UTC 2012

My main concern in using MythArchive has been to produce DVDs that would
replay the content of the recordings. but I noticed recently that the
font used in the menus looks weak and blocky and is not easy to read.
I've just compared a disc I made several years ago with a recent one and
the clarity of the text in 0.24.1 was much worse.

I usually use the MythCenter_-_Animated theme, because the internal
player seems less unhappy with that than some others, and the font used
is FreeSans.ttf.  Changing that to FreeSansBold.ttf has improved the
appearance and legibility but it still doesn't seem as crisp as it ought
to be.  MythCenter (static), which I used to use, has FreeSans.ttf too,
but its definition is enhanced by outline and shadow.

I don't know if the fonts were changed at some time in the past, but
it's my feeling that a change would be worthwhile now.  Maybe it's a
decision for the style gurus.  Comments?

John P