[mythtv-users] Converting WTV files

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 19:26:43 UTC 2012

I've got some WTV files I'd like to watch. AIUI, these are
effectively similar to the mpg files we get from recording DVB, but
with added extensions for metadata. Since the contents include the
raw streams, it should in theory be a matter or pulling out the
streams needed and assembling them into a new file.

I found this page :
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode.py

but as far as I can tell, while it uses remuxtool to rip out the
streams, it then uses ffmpeg to transcode it. I tried using remuxtool
on it's own, and just ended up with a .ts file with video and no
sound.

Any ideas ?

--
Simon Hobson