[mythtv-users] Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

Joe Nyland joenyland at me.com
Thu Mar 8 10:46:02 UTC 2012

On 07 Mar, 2012,at 11:37 PM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> If radio and TV channels use the same tuner (are connected to the same
> input), you will need a single MythTV video source. EIT can be disabled
> on a video source as a whole, or on individual channels within a video
> source. You'll want the latter approach, so that you can configure some
> channels (TV channels) with an XMLTV ID and with EIT disabled, and other
> channels (radio channels) with no XMLTV ID and with EIT enabled.
>
> You can use MythTV's "Channel Groups" to limit which ones are visible to
> you in the EPG or when browsing channels in Live TV.
>
> Mike

Ok, that makes a lot more sense - thank you very much!

However, I have 'useonairguide' checked for all of my channels (this must be a default setting, as I haven't set it myself). I haven't scanned the actual radio channels in, but there are a number of TV channels, for which I haven't set an XMLTV ID for which show up as 'NO DATA' in my EPG. Furthermore, I haven't seen my HDHR3 doing anything when MythTV is not in use, indicating that MythTV is not performing an EIT crawl(?) in the background (which I believe it would be doing permanently?).

e.g. The channel called 'Yesterday' looks like this in my DB (some columns omitted):
+----------+--------------+--------+-------------+---------------+-----------+---------------------+
| chanid | channum | freqid | sourceid | callsign    | xmltvid | useonairguide |
+----------+--------------+--------+-------------+---------------+-----------+---------------------+
|   1012  | 12           | 55    |            1 | Yesterday |            |                   1 |
+----------+--------------+--------+-------------+---------------+-----------+---------------------+

Also, EIT appears to be enabled for my HDHR3's inputs:
+---------+------------------+----------------------+---------------------+------------------+
| cardid | videodevice  | cardtype          | defaultinput     | dvb_eitscan |
|        1 | 11103517-0  | HDHOMERUN | MPEG2TS      |                 1 |
|        2 | 11103517-0  | HDHOMERUN | MPEG2TS      |                 1 |
|        3 | 11103517-1  | HDHOMERUN | MPEG2TS      |                 1 |
|        4 | 11103517-1  | HDHOMERUN | MPEG2TS      |                 1 |

Any ideas why this may be?

Thanks,

Joe