[mythtv-users] Does this git command get me master ( latest commits ) ?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 7 22:40:37 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 03:51 PM, Mark wrote:
> git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git; git clone
> git://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git
>
> Or should I somehow be specifying "master" somewhere?
>
> I simply want to get the very latest .25 commits and am new to git.
>
> Thanks,

This is what I use

cd /somewhere/temp/with-lots-of-storage

git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythweb

The 'mythtv' pull creates a 'mythtv' folder with 'mythtv' and
'mythplugins' folders below it.

The git clone is about somewhere around 800Meg and takes 1.5G after you
have run 'make'.
Mythweb on the other hand is relatively tiny: 11M.

(Hah! My first computer had 16K memory!!)

Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Barrister and Solicitor
       Suite 106, 150 Lakeshore Road West