[mythtv-users] Which nVidia card?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Mar 7 17:48:34 UTC 2012

On 12-03-07 12:31 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 00:43, Pieter De Wit <pieter at insync.za.net> wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> It had faster ram :) Should have put that in the previous email. The 220
>> will do what you need too :)
>>
>> I wanted to do 1080, with HDMI audio, both the 430 and the 450 "handles"
>> it on paper. I can assure you the 450 does. I would not doubt the 430
>> can do it.
>
> In 50Hz countries, for deinterlacing, the 430 has been reported
> to have enough headroom to work well.  In 60Hz countries, the
> 430 has been reported to not always be capable of glitch-free
> display when doing deinterlacing.  The 220 is an older design,
> and while it cannot do HDMI audio, it is a far more capable
> card for deinterlacing (more than fast enough for all countries).

My very recent experience with the ASUS Fanless GT430,
is that my Atom/Ion2 system beats it for video playback, hands down.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense, but man they really do cripple
the Fermi chips on "consumer" cards.

My older GT240 card is wonderful, though I've never tried or wanted HDMI audio.