[mythtv-users] Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

Science Technician SCITECH2 at combebank.kent.sch.uk
Wed Mar 7 15:51:38 UTC 2012

Original message:

> I find the easiest way to do this is via mythweb.  Go into settings and then
> channel info.  Then  just tick "useonairguide" next to the channels you want
> to use EPG.  Of course you need to ensure that EIT is enabled in the
> appropriate tuner in the backend setup.

> I have this setup in the UK, all channels that have XMLTV available use that,
> otherwise, EIT is enabled

Thanks for this info it indirectly solved my problem.

 I went to look for this config in mythweb and stumbled across the database health
this showed eit_cache as crashed. Having clicked repair for this and then done a
mythfilldatabase manually all seems to be back up and running now.

 Out of interest could I have seen this from inside the MythTV Front end and if
so where?

 Thanks again.

John.

--

John Mason - Science Technician - Combank School

Registered Charity No. 1007871  Company Registered No. 1067557

***This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager and delete it.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Combe Bank School.  Finally the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Combe Bank School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.  This email has been scanned for viruses by Sophos PureMessage.***