[mythtv-users] Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

joenyland at me.com joenyland at me.com
Wed Mar 7 13:02:11 UTC 2012

Hello,

I didn't think it wise to hijack John Mason's thread about his EIT suddenly stopping working, so I hope it's ok if I do it like this?

Whilst reading through the list today, I noticed that John Veness said that he was using EIT for radio station listings and at the same time using XMLTV for TV listings:

On 07 Mar, 2012,at 12:11 PM, John Veness <John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:

> I use XMLTV (tv_grab_uk_rt) personally for my TV stations, mainly
> because I get 14-day listings rather than 7 day, although I do use DVB
> EIT for radio stations transmitting on DVB-T as tv_grab_uk_rt doesn't
> cover those stations. You could investigate moving to XMLTV, although it
> would be interesting to find out why EIT isn't working for you.
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to suggest about that.

I've been using XMLTV in Myth for a good while now, but I must admit I miss having the ability to access listings for radio stations from Myth. How does one achieve this kind of setup - where listings for certain channels are provided by EIT and other channels are provided by XMLTV? I know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list, but I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Joe Nyland