[mythtv-users] Which nVidia card?

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 21:02:20 UTC 2012

As readers may know from my previous question, my system is struggling
to decode HD shows in software. So, it may be time for a new video
card, one that supports VDPAU.

What do you recommend? Cost is important, but so is getting this
right, and I'm prepared to pay (a bit) more if there's a good reason
to do so. So what's the minimum card for 1080p H264, and what is the
ideal, and what's the difference? ;-)
(I imagine the difference might actually be with 1080i streams and
deinterlacing?)

It also needs to not be very very long, as it has to fit into a
Shuttle case - but I imagine that depends more on the specific
implementation rather than the chipset, so I can figure that one out
myself...

Thanks for any advice.

-Simon.