[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py sort of working, sort of timing out

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:50:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2012 7:23 PM, "Thomas Boehm" <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Raymond Wagner wrote:
> >
> > > Did you recently lose a hard drive, or have a corrupt database?
> >
> > Looks like to me ;-)
> >
> Yup! Two seagates went boom. My mbe is hooked to a raid 5 fiber array so
> hopefully that won't be an issue in the future.

This has been a very slow crawl. I have some ssh screens open on another
monitor at work and have been running a cleanup every few minutes. I'm down
to 1026 recordings. Every time I tell it to delete orphaned entries, I get
a ton of the following on my MBE:

2012-03-06 10:43:56.183 ProgramInfo(4746_20120128013000.mpg), Error:
GetPlaybackURL: '4746_20120128013000.mpg' should be local, but it can not
be found.

Now, I assume this is normal because it's parsing through the orphaned
entries. But I also see a few of the following:

2012-03-06 10:43:24.182 Error deleting
'GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/magicbe/4067_20120209180000.mpg'
could not open
                        eno: No such file or directory (2)
2012-03-06 10:43:24.193 Delete Error
'GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/magicbe/4067_20120209180000.mpg'
                        eno: No such file or directory (2)

"Magic" is my SBE and "MagicBE" is my MBE. I've been having ongoing issues
with my HDHR prime failing on some recordings. That's on the list to fix
later.

Is there anything I can do to stop the race condition, as Raymond called
it? It's a bit frustrating to have to keep cycling through the delete
function over and over (Although I do appreciate the fact that such a tool
exists). And why does MySQLD stop at 100$ CPU? Is it not multithreaded? I
have two vCPUs in this machine.