[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 02:56:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 17:50, Michael Watson
<michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:
> MythTV as a project by developers for developers, is linux considered a
> Developers Operating System, or a real operating system.   MythTv should
> have stopped considering itself a "project by developers for developers"
> around the time specific distro's like "mythbuntu", "mythdora" and the
> like emerged.

If you use the "Linux" model that you reference, the "RedHat"s,
"IBM"s, and "Oracle"s which used the kernel ponied up and
funded real developers and real bug fixes.  Those MythTV
distros you reference have never formally funded MythTV at
the levels that would change the priorities.  No one is opposed
to "deep pockets" funding.  It just has not happened (except
for around the edges, and for specific features).

> A mechanism to donate to MythTV could be considered, so we (the users)
> can support further development.

See the MythTV wiki at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Feature_Wishlist
which will refer you to http://groups.google.com/group/mythtv-contractors
for a list of people who may be willing to do for fee contract
work (the fee/scope to be negotiated outside of this list)